Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Stuntin' Is a Habit... ;)

Our squad doesn't just do cheers. Cheering is the main part of what we do, but we also tumble. Cassie and I used to be in gymnastics, and we tumble during quarters and full time outs. The third part of what we do is stunting. As the starting players are introduced, either Molli or I are lifted into the air to do different things. I will explain a few.

The first is a prep. A prep is the simplest stunt and is the base for most other stunts. This is Molli doing a prep at a football game.

The next is an extension. The bases fully extend the arms, so the flier is much higher.

The next is the splits stunt. To do this stunt, you must be flexible. Usually the bases fully extend their arms. Here is a picture of me in the splits stunt at a basketball game.

The next stunt is called an Awesome. It is an extension with the flier's legs together.

This stunt is a Liberty with a Shoulder Sit. This is difficult as the main flier is on one leg.

The final stunt is a heel stretch. This is extremely hard, as it requires flexibility and balance.

There are many more stunts that we have learned, and we continue to find new things to try. Cheer requires lots of practices and is much harder than people think!

4 comments:

  1. Nice way to explain which stunts are which! They ARE pretty difficult! I can't wait to stunt even more next year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can promise you I will not remember any of those, but I have an idea now. I like how you used so many pictures in this post. Also, I enjoy how you explained each one and the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the pictures. I remember watching you trying to do a stunt. I love seeing you do tons of flips. I love u flipping Shrimp :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the pictures and how you go into detail about the stunts!! :D

    ReplyDelete